Good news for the city of Fort Lauderdale! Wet ‘n’ Wild Fort Lauderdale will be the best place to cool off from the Florida sun when it opens!
Back on August 22nd, 2017, the city commission approved Premier Parks LLC as the successful bidder to build the $60 million dollar park.
For those of you who are familiar with Fort Lauderdale, the land we are talking about is the old Lockhart Stadium. The new water park would sit on 64 acres and feature dozens of high tech water slides!
Once completed Wet ‘n’ Wild Fort Lauderdale will have an annual economic impact of $50 million, create 75-100 full-time jobs and generate over 1,000 seasonal positions!
Premier Parks LLC also stated that they intend to fix up the stadium next door and use it for soccer, events, and concerts! All great news coming out of South Florida!
Once opened: Wet ‘n’ Wild Fort Lauderdale will feature the following attractions:
- An adventure river!
- The Bear Foot Lagoon with seven waterslides and a tipping bucket that will drop 1,000 gallons of water every minute and a half!
- Super Loop water slide with two 70 foot-tall trap door slides!
- Giant Mammoth River twin slides with a 400-foot and 600-foot separate slides!
- Octopus Mat Racer racing headfirst slide!
- Neptune’s Revenge with four slides filled with twist and turns!
- And of course, a huge wave pool featuring a tidal river attached to it!
Construction will take 12-15 months to complete and will have a 50-year lease when opened!
Who’s excited? I know we are! It’s great to see South Florida get more attractions like this!