Attention all race fans, this year’s race will be one of the best yet! 2018’s race will be on Sunday, February 18th at 11:30 am! The best part of that weekend is you can go visit Daytona Beach on Saturday and enjoy the race on Sunday! Talk about a perfect weekend!
The Daytona 500 has been around for almost 60 years and if you haven’t been to a race, it’s highly recommended! The race is held at the Daytona International Speedway every February!
Enjoy These Fast Facts About The Daytona 500!
- The Daytona 500 is also known as “The Great American Race”.
- 200 laps around the track are equivalent to 500 miles!
- On February 22, 1959, the first Daytona 500 is held and won by Lee Petty!
- Richard Petty claims the most victories of the Daytona 500 with 7!
- Dave Marcis has the most career starts with 33!
- Back in 1980, Buddy Baker set the fastest winning speed record with 177 mph!
- Matt Kenseth started in 39th place back in 2009 and ended up winning the race! That was the lowest starting position by a winner in the history of the race!
- 2011’s race winner was Trevor Bayne! He was the youngest winner of the race at only 20 years old!
- The Pontiac Trans-Am is the most-used Daytona 500 Pace Car, having been used in 13 races!
- The Daytona 500 features 40 of the fastest NASCAR drivers in the world!
- 1994 was the year Jeff Gordon won his first race!
- The first woman to race in the Daytona 500 was Janet Guthrie!
Will you be watching this year’s race? NASCAR is becoming one of the most popular American sports!
Want to go to this years Daytona 500? Get your tickets here!